Designing buildings with high climatic performance
Integrating adaptation strategies into the architectural elements
Optimizing the climatic performance of the existing buildings and urban areas
Developing and analyzing the building skin response to the climate conditions in different time cycles
Simulating complex designs to find out the environmental potentials and impacts at different buildings and urban areas, namely in relation to the changing climates
Empowering architects by visualizing the impact of climate on urban area and vice versa to take climatic parameters into account in their design process
Promoting sustainable and resilient buildimgs
VILLA ON THE ROCKS
The idea is to connect different elements of the nature via a bridge passing through a villa.
The design tried to protect the nature as it is and integrate a part of that into the design.
The volume and direction of the form, the materials, facades, opening, shading systems and green roof are among the main principles used to design the climate adaptive villa.
The villa is located on a rocky area and can access the beach through a bridge on one side and the street on the other side.
03 September 2018
Capri Island, Italy
STAND-BY MIND HOTEL
Sometimes we need to run from busy daily life and rapid transformation of urban areas to meditate somewhere in the nature. Human-beings have a desire to be near nature, in the woods, near water bodies or on top of a mountain. For many people, nature is an inseparable part of their life to clear and calm their mind, get positive energy and more oxygen for their arteries, then back to the normal life.
The idea behind the ''Stand-by Mind Hotel'' design is to create a place on the mountain to provide a platform for people to enjoy, relax and build up a resilient body and mind. This can help them to heal and adjust themselves with the rapid transformation of cities.
The aim of this series of design is not to destroy or to interfere the nature, but to use it for connecting the human-being with the nature.
It is a flexible design and prefabricated structure in order to be replicated in different areas.
12 March 2017
THE BERLIN MUSEUM OF THE 20TH CENTURY
The idea behind the underground museum is:
1. To be in harmony with its urban surrounding and to respect the buildings which surround the site like Neue National Gallery designed by Mies van der Rohe, St. -Matthäus Church, The National Library, Philharmonic and Cultural Forum;
2. To provide a nice greenery area on the roof of the museum which acts as a magnet for the visitors of the surrounding buildings as space for taking a break and enjoy the nice atmosphere as well as to visit the museum; and
3. To design a sustainable building demonstrating energy efficiency and low-impact on the environment.
In this design, nature combined somehow in a deep and fundamental part of the building to avoid the city degrades the environment and alienate us from nature. The trend of this design is to decrease the environmental impact, but it has accomplished little in the way of reconnecting us to the natural world, the missing piece in the puzzle of sustainable development.
12 February 2016
BRUCKNER 20 VILLA
Designing a sustainable house in a small piece of land with many rules and regulations is challengeable dominating the creativity of architects. Besides, sometimes client’s budget is also an issue that should have been considered.
Therefore, the main idea behind the design is to create a building that is less exposed to the sun to save energy and adapt to climate change especially during the heat waves. The main cost-effective solutions integrated into the design are:
1. The form, volume and the direction of the building designed in a way that can control receiving the solar radiation with respect to the construction rules;
2. Planting greenery on the roof to provide shadow and pleasant environment for the residents to make the roof less expose to the sun;
3. Using shading systems for the openings and facades with high exposure to solar radiation; and
4. Painting the facades and roofs with high albedo materials in order to reflect the solar radiation rather than absorbing it.